Friday, March 20, 2009

Wanderings in NYC pt 2

From the library I walked down 47th St a few blocks to take a peek at Grand Central Station then I walked down 5th Ave to 59th St which is where Central Park begins. It was getting late in the day and since I was alone and walking I opted to save Central Park for another day.

the front of Grand Central Station

collection of flags in front of Grand Central

same grouping of flags just vertical

the Chrysler Building

Rockefeller Center
St. Patrick's Cathedral
there was some restoration going on
on the front so it was hard to get a good picture

I wanted to go to F.A.O Schwartz but I got there
just a little bit too late, so I settled for taking a picture
of an extra larged sized teddy through the window.
How much would you be willing to spend on this adorable little bear??

can you read the tag? it's $99.00, yup a hundred bucks
for a silly little bear
the Plaza Hotel
since the toy store was closed and I was tired I sat down for a little while and called Mom to talk to her not realizing at all that I was sitting across the street from the Plaza Hotel. Absentmindedly I snapped a few pictures not knowing what I was photographing. When I got home I was looking through my guidebooks and it hit me, I could have smacked myself for not getting a picture of the Plaza but when looking through my photos, it turns out I did manage to snap a photo of the famous hotel.

No comments: