Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Let the Adventures Begin!!

So I went to the beach yesterday and made a decision, from now and through the summer I'm going to try and go to as many state parks and beaches as I can. There are quite a few of them on the island and some even that are not on the island that I'll have to take a ferry to. Some are as close as 20 or 30 minutes away and some could take a couple hours to drive to. But it's absolutely gorgeous out here and since I haven't really got anything to do with myself on the weekends I'm going to go on some adventures. So yesterday, since I had the day off was my first adventure. I drove about 30 minutes to the South Shore of the Island to Heckscher State Park. It was a positively beautiful day, the sun was shining, the wind wasn't blowing and it was nice and warm so I spent the afternoon wandering along the shore. I need to remember to bring my rainboots next time so I can actually walk in the water rather than trying to keep my shoes dry and hopping along on the rocks. So here are a few of my favorite pictures from yesterday. Enjoy!







A really funny piece of driftwood, it reminded me of a donkey.










A piece of sea glass I found, took a picture of and pocketed to take home




there were a lot of bushes and brambles along the shore, of course everything is still brown, grey and dead I can't wait to see it again when its all green.



No comments: